Thursday, August 20, 2009

How Dare They?

Y'all know I'm a fan of the French.
Huge, huge fan.

But this? Is simply outrageous.

Let me backtrack... Hmm..What is this? It looks like Twilight... and it has Stephenie Meyer's name on it... but there's a weird title on it. Fascination?

And what's this? Let me read the titles for you... (and translate them to English)
Fascination.
Temptation.
Hesitation.
Revelation.

They wouldn't be talking about my favorite Twilight series would they?


And what about this?

BLACK MOON?!?! BLACK MOON?!?!

Tell me, please. What is a "black moon"?

OH!! Is it NEW MOON that you French are referring to?
Silly me.


For thinking that at least the TITLE of a world famous book could be translated properly.

And just an FYI, the french movie is still called Twilight. What is with this?

2 comments:

Karina said...

WOW.
That is so weird.
Why would they change the names? Can they not translate "Twilight" into french?

♥Karm said...

LMAO!! too hilarious... maybe they don't have a word for twilight in french...? im just kidding... but fascination?! i'll have to ask Twicapucine about that next time I'm on twitter =]