Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I was dead...

I bet y'all thought I was dead. And I was, in a way... dead to the world of cyberspace.
After an intense storm (the biggest California October storm since the ...60s?) we lost our power.
For an entirety of TWENTY SEVEN hours.
Yeah. Just because we're in a residential area and not "important" enough to give power to us first. I didn't really mind that aspect.... just that that houses three blocks down had lights. What's up with that?

The view from my kitchen window. The rain had just stopped, and water droplets were sprinkled all over the pane. It was pretty. Until I realized that even though the storm was done, our power still wasn't on.

Nothing like Planter's Peanuts, M&M's and candles at 9:00 at night. Since when did it get so dark so fast? I think I know how people in the "olden days" did it. Sleep when it's dark, wake up when it's light.
Since I had no computer access whatsoever, no music, no fridge (we couldn't open it because we didn't want our food to go bad) and no lights to take a shower... I went to bed early.
And yes. I did not take a shower. Smell me. I dare you.

6 comments:

Karina said...

I loved having the power out! Except for the whole not having internet thing. :(((. But I'm actually doing my homework by candlelight again tonight because it was so much fun!!!! :DDD

Allison said...

You... are weird. :D I don't mind the candles, usually, except for the fact that they don't give off too much light. and they flicker, which is creepy when you're alone.

♥Karm said...

OMG you too!! My lights went out last night haha, But I'm in Arizona... and there was one house in our circle who had lights, jerks. Anyway, we didn't have candles, just battery powered lamps, I should re stock on candles for the next time this happens again. I have a huge window in the bathroom so I got to take a shower in the AM.. haha I like your quote " I think I know how people in the "olden days" did it. Sleep when it's dark, wake up when it's light." haha So true haha thanks for posting

Lauren said...

I love the first picture! Pretty rain drops.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I love not taking a shower and sitting in the dark. lol

that sounds weirder when i say that...?

Allison said...

Apparently it was a runoff from a typhoon in Japan...? Hm...