Saturday, November 7, 2009

How Quaint!

There's something about the word Supermarket that just detracts from any sort of "cuteness" or "marketplace-like ambiance" that the actual store might have.
I'm not saying I dislike them- Heavens no! I love the smell of supermarkets, their oversupply of drinks and chips, and even their aisle markers (my favorites being "Asian and Indian Foods" where you can find Ramen and curry sauces and stuff)

So you can imagine how surprised and delighted I was to find out that Safeway had recently gone through renovations, and the whole produce section was decorated to look like an actual marketplace!

THE EVIDENCE:
How quaint! I just about hyperventilated out of happiness to see the wooden carts and displays, and may or may not have gotten strange stares from the Safeway workers... :D

What's your favorite part about supermarkets?

8 comments:

kelleidoscope said...

That is too cute :) I wish we had a Safeway here now! The produce section is always my favorite at any supermarket. I love going from all those packaged and processed foods to an area where everything is fresh.

SJ said...

I LOVE the grocery store! I love the rows of food and allll the colors! I just love to buy food. And eat. Freshman fifteen? Anyone? Anyone? Me.

Karina said...

I love supermarkets!!! And this is really cool. :)

Lauren Elizabeth said...

yummy!

Alexandria said...

That is the coolest thing ever. Like seriously.

I hate supermarkets. So I do not have a favorite part..but a least favorite part? The awesome people who stop with their cart RIGHT in the middle of the aisle!

Nancy Face said...

Whoa...I need to go to Safeway! That produce display looks so cute!

My favorite part of Supermarkets is that they're full of FOOD! I LOVE FOOD! :D

Allison said...

Alexandria- hate supermarkets?? WHY? They're amazing. And yes, Nancy Face, you put up a hard fight. I think I might have to change my mind about my favorite part of grocery stores.. to the food. :D

Elizabeth said...

Those displays are so lovely. I worked in a "grocery store" once to my dismay. I just can't like them the same way anymore.