Monday, November 16, 2009

Insight on a Pianist

Judging by last post's comments, I've decided that not many of you have the mind of a true pianist (though whether or not I have that mind is beyond me).
I'm here to give you some... insight.

Disclaimer: This is given in true sarcasm. While some of these may hold some truth, my mind does not work like this while I'm playing.. Keep that in mind! :D

1. Listen to your piano. If played correctly- it should sing for you. Of course, the awkward angle of your head will probably be a cause of some laughter. Don't worry. Every good pianist is laughed at at least once in [his] lifetime.

2. You are in command of the piano, not the other way around. Feel free to give it a good slam occasionally. Just make sure that your fingers are never straight, as that is bad "piano posture".

3. Float like a butterfly, STING LIKE A BEE! They don't call you "Lightening Fingers" for nothing!

4. Once you've finished your piece, take a deep breath. You're finished. No more stressful concerts until half a year from now.

And of course- don't forget to bow!


Any steps I left out? Feel free to add!

8 comments:

Okie said...

I can only think of one other rule... Make sure your sheet music is right side up. Playing a piece backwards could be embarrassing. =P

Sasha "Liz Anonymously" said...

TOO FUNNY. LOVE! :)

kelleidoscope said...

I wish I could play the piano. Jealous! :)

SJ said...

Allison, you are too hilarious! I especially love your face at the end, you look so relieved.

And BTDUB, you played that by MEMORY? You're crazy. I continue to be amazed.

Amy said...

You are just way too funny!! Oh my goodness. I know I can always get a good laugh by coming here. I play piano, only by ear- it sucks, man. I am jealous of your talents :)

KatOfDiamonds said...

Cute post!

Also I love what Okie said... sounds like something I'd do!

Living In Your Letters said...

Hahaha...love those pictures! You look like a real professional. :)

linnykins said...

You really have the funniest expressions! :D