Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Military Future?

Last Tuesday, military officers from a base close to our school came and visited, just like other colleges visit. They explained the pros and cons (well, probably not the cons) of life in the military, your education, etc, etc.

WELL, the reason most of the kids were there was the free stuff. ( I hate to say it, but it's true).
For saying "hi", you got a sticker.
For giving them your name and address, you got a mouse pad.
75 chest-to-ground pushups got you a shirt.

Let me tell you, it was intense.
The military guy was NOT very nice at all. He would yell at the poor boys that tried pushups and failed.

Even some buff gymnasts couldn't make it.

We (Karina and I) decided to loosen that guy up... with our secret weapon, Ab.
He signed his name and address on the pad before the pushups. (as Robert Smith, 12345 Beverly Hills, 49840)
And then, after 24 beautiful pushups (he didn't even know he could do that many :D)...

Ab did the worm. It was amazing.

video

We didn't stay long enough to see the military dude's reaction.. but it was pretty priceless.
I have the coolest friends.

14 comments:

Okie said...

LOL, he coulda got bonus points for a sweet transition into the helicopter

Gus, BYU Dude said...

Just passing by as you commented on my blog.

Have fun in school.

SJ said...

Oh, boys :)

I used to get stuff in the mail all the time. Now that I'm in college, I think they've given up on me.

Amy said...

Awesome! You do have cool friends.

Looks like the military guy smiled at the end. Ha.

Alexandria said...

Tell Ab that I seriously heart him! That is priceless!

Seneca said...

I like this push up guy...

kelleidoscope said...

Haha that's a way to get him to loosen up!

Karina said...

Good timessss :D

amanda leeann said...

please let me tell you how much i adore that you have joan jett on your blog.

the national guard bothered me to death in high school. like SJ, i think they finally gave up...thankfully.

Kami*Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your blog is way cute too :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh yes...I remember these visits from high school. Most of my pencils came from that :)

lynninlove said...

Go Ab! that worm was awesome!

Mar said...

Gah, our Dutch army could learn something here... They never visit school, let alone hand free stuff.
Ab totally rocked that worm, btw! Win!

Emily Sue said...

hi! so you commented on my blog and i decided to come visit yours! soo cute love it!