Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oh no she di'nt!

I wasn't really sure how to spell that- but you got my meaning!
I am horrified. terrified. embarrassed... even slightly scared.
Why?

Um. My eyebrows are HEE-DIOUS. Yes. With two Es.

It all started in Drama. (doesn't it always?) I was doing my own business, trying to be the loving, helpful, wonderful make-up assistant that I usually am for The Servant of Two Masters.. when my "boss", Lucky, decided to do a make-up tutorial for the clowns.
Hello- I was ALL for it. The clowns needed help with their makeup. They were turning out all blotchy and icky looking.

And then she chose me to be her dummy.

Hm. I don't mind the white paint on my face (I took it off already). I don't even mind the powder!
I DO, however, mind the fact that my eyebrows were waxed down with nose putty. Um- yuck! I do not mind doing that to other people- yes, I'm a hypocrite- but I CANNOT GET THE STUFF OFF!!

I got so many strange stares from people. I wanted to cry. Even my piano teacher asked me what was wrong with my eyebrows.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.


Have you (or someone else) ever done something disasterous to your face?

8 comments:

Alexandria said...

The look on your face in that picture is priceless! you look pissedspice!!

Oh, I miss the drama days!

Dude...when I was 13 I was plucking my eyebrows (for the first time) and I was like, "Wait...this would be SO much easier with a razor!"....yeah I shaved off half of one of my eyebrows.

It.Was.Mortifying.

Karm said...

lol oh no... sorry I had to crack a smile, because... well I got my eyebrows waxed a few months ago at a different place that I go to... and well the outcome was not pretty. That was the first time I actually used an eyebrow pencil. Ugh!! At least yours will be back to normal soon.. not weeks =[ lol

SJ said...

Oh no! I'm trying to think of what my drama teacher used to remove that sort of stuff. I think it was like... something... WITCH HAZEL... I THINK. It should come off though! SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB!

Ah, the things we do for Theatre are truly heinous.

Karina said...

GAH.
:(.

I'm trying to get mine off.

linnykins said...

Thank you for the very nice comment :)

Ohhh no about the eyebrows.. love the expression though! Have you managed to get it off since writing this post?

Connie said...

um. bahahahahaha! Sorry, I love that face though. Don't fret my dear, it will be back to normal soon (I think). Actually I don't know anything, ignore me.
But I love this post.
bye!

Elizabeth said...

Oh yes. When I was a freshman in college I shaved part of my eyebrow off by accident in the shower while I was shaving my legs. How does this happen? I do not know. But it takes a long time for it to grow back, just trust me :)

Allison said...

Haha. Thanks guys, I FINALLY fixed them last night at 10:00.. after SCRUBBING AND SCRUBBING AND SCRUBBING... yes. We're all back to normal now.