Friday, November 13, 2009

Reverse Placebo Effect.

Sounds medical and intelligent, right?
WELL. I have it.

For those who don't know what the Placebo Effect is, it's that weird (and slightly funny) mental thing that happens when you THINK you're getting better, so you actually do get better.
Say you were given sugar pills that you thought were real, the mental thinking of getting-better-ness is enough to actually make you better.... Go here for more information!

My condition stinks. Because instead of getting better, I'm getting worse. (Hence, the "reverse"). My math teacher has been sick-sounding. He has a VERY scratchy throat, and hearing that sound, a gutteral, throaty, scratchy, YUCKY sound makes me feel sick too.
I must be wacko.
I've gotten to the point where my throat hurts and my voice sounds messed up. Is that sad or what?


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get a cough drop.

11 comments:

Okie said...

Don't let yourself get sick! WILL yourself to be healthy! You can do it, you know it.

amanda leeann said...

=[ sometimes, i think i have this too. don't get sick!

SJ said...

Oooh no! Don't get sick! You can do it, Allison! We believe in you!

linnykins said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling 100%. Cyber hugs!! Recover soon, lots of rest! :)

nate! said...

TEEHEE

aliice said...

oh no D:

drink lost of water!!

Mar said...

How's that cough drop working for ya?
But seriously - getting to the point of actually being sick, usually sucks more than being sick :( I hope it's nothing serious!
Oh and totally off topic - I love how, whenever I get to your blog, there's always a song playing that I like! You have a great taste in music :)

kelleidoscope said...

I've had that happen to me.. my sickness was in my head though, and when I realized it I could take control. Some crazy stuff! I hope you don't get sick :)

Allison said...

I'm feeling great now! Thanks so much- I think a day without math helped my throat. :D (I hope the same for my math teacher, poor guy.)

Elizabeth said...

I refuse to get sick this school year. That's why no students are allowed to touch me, my desk, or my markers. You can never be too careful :)

Rohan said...

ha, i was right!
so it called the placebo affect - except its in reverse in your case