Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Word.

A professor was talking about word usage in his class. He was old, and the lecture was for over 2 hours- the students were starting to get bored. "As you all know well, two negatives in a sentence make a positive," he said. "'She never saw no red car' would be better put ' She saw a red car' and such and so on".
The students nodded, their eyes glazed over and pencil tips chewed.
"However, does this rule apply the opposite way?"
The students rolled their eyes.
"Can two positives ever make a negative or have a negative connotation?"

A student leaned over to his desk partner and whispered,
"Yeah, right."


Lame, I know. The sad thing is- I found it funny! :D

Do you know any bad jokes that you find hilarious?

9 comments:

Alexandria said...

Hey jegging lover-

That is hilarious. lol..I for real laughed out loud when I read that!

Love, jegging hater!

Living In Your Letters said...

Hahahaha...I can't think of any bad jokes at the moment...but that one is a keeper. :)

aliice said...

hahaha
took me 3 extra seconds to get that

Karina said...

haha yeahh I had to think about that for a bit... :).

Hmm well... My history teacher tells us a pun every Monday (Punday).

This weeks was:
Did you hear about the guy who was arrested at the cornfield behind Monta Vista Park? Yeah, he was charged for "stalking."

:)

Allison said...

Nice. Wait- what cornfield?

Brendan said...

ahah I don't think there really is a cornfield, it was just a joke.

Did ya hear the story about the pencil? Never mind, its pointless.
heh.

Mar said...

Maybe it's just me, but when I read 'she never saw no red car', I actually believe her. That poor girl never did see no red car. A black one, maybe, but no red one ;)

tim said...

whoah! that sucks...

Okie said...

You don't wanna get me started on bad jokes, trust me.

Okay, just one

Why do gorillas have large nostrils?

Because they have large fingers.

=D