Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas is Here to Stay!

I know the time for Christmas music and celebration has sadly passed us by.
HOWEVER, if your family is anything like mine, your tree will still be up until at least New Year's, and while the radios stopped playing those carols that we know and love, you will still listen to them in secret.

Okay, maybe that last one is just me.

BUT- I know that everyone loves Christmas music, and what better time to listen to it than the week after Christmas? (hold that sarcastic laughter)
I'm serious.

Now, while I was having a blast at my Grandpa's for Christmas (no pictures yet!) I was busy listening to "The Ultimate Christmas Album" over and over and over.
You see, I just LOVE that kind of music.

Yes, I like the occasional Mariah Carey and Alvin and the Chipmunks, but the songs on this album are CLASSIC.
Like, 50s doo-wop classic.
And if you know me, that's all it takes for me to listen to something NONSTOP.


Here are some of my MOST favorite non-radio hits.

You're My Christmas Present- Jimmy Beaumont & the Skyliners
Christmas Just Ain't Christmas (Without the One you Love)- the O'Jays
Another Lonely New Year's Eve- Jimmy Beaumont & the Skyliners
Christmas Serenade- Johnny Maestro & the Brooklyn Bridge
This Time of Year- Brook Benton