Friday, December 25, 2009

Have Yourself...

... a merry little Christmas.

I can't believe another year has passed (almost) and again we're celebrating this special day. I've had 16 of these special days in my life, and each year it seems like Christmas is getting more and more media-related, rather than spiritual-related.

And that's sad.

I mean, I love me some presents, but when the whole point of Christmas is lost, the whole point being Jesus coming to earth as a baby human boy to eventually grow up and die for ALL of our sins, I see no joy in Christmas. Because God's everlasting love and mercy is (should be) the reason for joy.


I wish I could be more eloquent about this, but I'm hoping that my point was made (however crudely).


So please, enjoy your Christmases with your family and loved ones-
because Christmas is about joy and togetherness and love and faith and new beginnings and hope.

I wish you all a wonderful time!

Merry Christmas.