Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Home Away from Home

SUCH a cliché saying.. but this hotel was just so homey that it fits- I would never leave my home for this hotel, but.. okay. You get what I'm trying to say.

Reasons why Tahoe's Hyatt is amazing:

1. Um. It's beautiful.
Dude. Look at that. The chandeliers, and rows of couches and little nooks for reading and fireplaces... very lodge-like. Love it.


2. Our room had a view.

Seriously, how many rooms have nice views? And at affordable prices? WONDERFUL. We usually get the parking lot windows, and stuff like that. Here, we got a view of the snowy slopes.


3. There is a massive gingerbread house in the lobby.
And I thought that MY gingerbread house was nice. This baby is HUUUGE. Like, a mansion house. Crazy.


4. It has heat lamps in the entryway.
They glow red and warm, and when you've just come back from a full day of skiing and it's still freezing outside, it's like curling up by a fire. SOO nice.


5. It has an amazing letter holder.
And yes, that's of course the SELLER for this hotel :D Dude. Just LOOK at that huge pine cone. It's like, 3x the size of my head. Not that my head is big or anything...

13 comments:

Celeste said...

wow that's gorgeous! i always get bad views from my hotel window too :(

linnykins said...

Wow! Lovely post, felt like I was right there with you. That gingerbread mansion is amazing, and photo #1.. awesome.

COOL letter holder!! It's a massive pinecone...! Haha.

Seneca said...

Wow! Great pictures! And I think the pinecone card holder is a novel idea! Love it :D

Sam said...

wow, that place is amazing!

Kellie said...

What an awesome hotel! Jealous :)

Alexandria said...

I HAVE STAYED THERE! It is so awesome! I love it!

Justice Pirate said...

Very sweet place!

Marissa said...

I am SO jealous! I bet you have the Christmas spirit all over you!

Emily Sue said...

oh my gosh!! it looks soo cozy in there have a great break!!! :)

Allison said...

Alexandria- We are DEFINITELY sisters. No doubt now! :D

Emily Sue- thanks, and right back at ya! ♥

Nahl said...

Beautiful pictures.
An amazing view is sometimes like heaven!

lynninlove said...

Merry Christmas, Allison!!

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

Okay, that place is downright beautiful. I hope you had a great time!