A couple of days ago, the wonderful Linnykins of Randomness tagged me in this "I love me meme/award".
This is probably going to be a HARD post for me to write (because how long will it take to come up with 10 things I "love" about myself?), but let's get going!
10 reasons why I, Allison, love myself.
1. I ♥ that I'm a perfectionist. Is that weird? Because- even when I procrastinate, I won't stop working until the [project] meets my standards. Even if that costs me a couple of hours. At least I know that I'll like the finished product.
2. I ♥ my hair. Yes, I can be vain- but my hair is nice and thick, and I'm hoping that in 50 years, when I've lost half of it, I'll still have a pretty full head.
3. I ♥ that I love kids. Slightly creepy sounding, yes, but there are some people that absolutely HATE kids.. and it's like C'MON. I can understand disliking animals or something, but everyone was a kid once. You can't HATE kids.
4. I ♥ that I'm musically gifted. I'm no prodigy, but I believe that I at least have a shred of talent that people can enjoy- and that's why I play. So that I can enjoy myself, and others can enjoy it too, if they please.
5. I ♥ that I'm a noob. (If you don't know what a noob is, don't ask me, because I don't know the definition.. just say the word, and the feeling you get from the word is what it means.) I can listen to a conversation for half an hour, and still not understand what people are talking about.. and sometimes I can be so deep, that even I don't understand what I'm talking about. It's just silly.
6. I ♥ that I can be smart. Not just intelligent- smart (because there are many days when I lack in that category) but life- smart. I'm not like most the high school population that do illegal things, and think it's hilarious to post pictures of them doing said things on Facebook. I think a little bit.
7. (WOW, 10 points is long) I ♥ that I love to read. Most people my age grumble about having to read books in class, but I devour them. (That is, literature. NOT textbooks)
8. I ♥ that I have this blog. I have met SO MANY wonderful people through it, and now can proudly say that I have more friends that I had just 2 months ago, all through here.
9. I ♥ that I was born with good eyesight. I know that may sound like the lamest statement ever, but I just cannot imagine viewing life through different eyes than my own, and I think I would just about cry if things I saw were blurry. I like taking mental pictures.
10. (finally!) I ♥ that I love music. Yes, it's really similar to my "musically gifted love" or whatever, but I really just don't understand people who are narrow minded about music. To me, music is something I can always come to, no matter my mood, and be cheered, or think, or cry.
It's just amazingly powerful.
After that last statement... it's time to give out the lovebug!
(and this time, I'm gonna try to get some fresh faces up here)
Chloé of Sean ♥ Chloé
Elizabeth of E Tells Tales
Amanda of Amanda's Musings
Brooke of Playing Grown Up
Justice Pirate of Tiedemann Tribe
Lynn of Lynn Lost in Love
What do you love about yourself?