Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lovebug.


A couple of days ago, the wonderful Linnykins of Randomness tagged me in this "I love me meme/award".
This is probably going to be a HARD post for me to write (because how long will it take to come up with 10 things I "love" about myself?), but let's get going!

10 reasons why I, Allison, love myself.

1. I ♥ that I'm a perfectionist. Is that weird? Because- even when I procrastinate, I won't stop working until the [project] meets my standards. Even if that costs me a couple of hours. At least I know that I'll like the finished product.

2. I ♥ my hair. Yes, I can be vain- but my hair is nice and thick, and I'm hoping that in 50 years, when I've lost half of it, I'll still have a pretty full head.

3. I ♥ that I love kids. Slightly creepy sounding, yes, but there are some people that absolutely HATE kids.. and it's like C'MON. I can understand disliking animals or something, but everyone was a kid once. You can't HATE kids.

4. I ♥ that I'm musically gifted. I'm no prodigy, but I believe that I at least have a shred of talent that people can enjoy- and that's why I play. So that I can enjoy myself, and others can enjoy it too, if they please.

5. I ♥ that I'm a noob. (If you don't know what a noob is, don't ask me, because I don't know the definition.. just say the word, and the feeling you get from the word is what it means.) I can listen to a conversation for half an hour, and still not understand what people are talking about.. and sometimes I can be so deep, that even I don't understand what I'm talking about. It's just silly.

6. I ♥ that I can be smart. Not just intelligent- smart (because there are many days when I lack in that category) but life- smart. I'm not like most the high school population that do illegal things, and think it's hilarious to post pictures of them doing said things on Facebook. I think a little bit.

7. (WOW, 10 points is long) I ♥ that I love to read. Most people my age grumble about having to read books in class, but I devour them. (That is, literature. NOT textbooks)

8. I ♥ that I have this blog. I have met SO MANY wonderful people through it, and now can proudly say that I have more friends that I had just 2 months ago, all through here.

9. I ♥ that I was born with good eyesight. I know that may sound like the lamest statement ever, but I just cannot imagine viewing life through different eyes than my own, and I think I would just about cry if things I saw were blurry. I like taking mental pictures.

10. (finally!) I ♥ that I love music. Yes, it's really similar to my "musically gifted love" or whatever, but I really just don't understand people who are narrow minded about music. To me, music is something I can always come to, no matter my mood, and be cheered, or think, or cry.
It's just amazingly powerful.

After that last statement... it's time to give out the lovebug!
(and this time, I'm gonna try to get some fresh faces up here)


Chloé of Sean ♥ Chloé
Elizabeth of E Tells Tales
Amanda of Amanda's Musings
Brooke of Playing Grown Up
Justice Pirate of Tiedemann Tribe
Lynn of Lynn Lost in Love

What do you love about yourself?

13 comments:

lynninlove said...

Oh thanks Allison! that's so sweet, I love all your "meloves". We've got ALOT of the same ones :) bloglove to you!

linnykins said...

I love your list! :D In regards to point number 8 - the wonderful people you've met only reflect on yourself :P

I wish I had good eyesight. You're lucky you have that. And YAY for music! <3

Allison said...

Thanks Lynn! And you, too, Linnykins, for giving this to me, and making me think about what I love! :D

Celeste said...

i just found your blog and i love it!

1. "build me up buttercup" is one of my favorite songs ever.
2. i love your header.
3. i love that my first impression was the things you love about yourself.

i CAN'T WAIT to read more!

bloglove!

Allison said...

Thanks, Celeste! I was feeling kind of down just now, but your comment cheered me up! :D

Living In Your Letters said...

Wait...is it SNOWING on your blog??? That is epic. I love it, and I am jealous...
Those are all wonderful things about you! And I'm sure your friends would have no problem coming up with even more reasons to love you. :)

Celeste said...

glad i could bring some joy to your day! and yes, i did take that photo :)

Emily Lou said...

thank you for your lovely comments! i really like your blog! :)

Justice Pirate said...

I am totally with you about all the party drug-related facebook pictures I see! It seems like they think they are having a great time but it makes me laugh because really they look so disheveled and miserable. Does that make sense??

This was great to read!! THanks so much for tagging me! You are a doll and I really am glad I've "met" you. I love to read too! I've been trying to read a book a week lately but this week my book I ordered didn't come in and so I've gone without reading it. wah. what do you read? what are some of your favourite books?? Let me know!

I never really liked small children and babies until I had my own. I wanted to, but I just always felt so uncomfortable around little kids. but I agree, it is a shame that so many people HATE kids or people in general!

Chloé said...

your list is awesome :) you are such a cute girl! man, i don't know if i could even think of one thing i love about myself..haha. i mean that in the least pathetic way possible. hmmm..i will have to think about this for a while..thanks for tagging me! you are awesome!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so honored. You are super sweet for tagging me :)

amanda leeann said...

i just noticed this! awesome =] i'll get to it soon!

LenkaLovee said...

what a great idea!
love the idea of this list.
i need to make myself one sometime..it should definitly be a great self-esteem booster when one is feeling down! :)