Thursday, December 10, 2009

Woe is Me.

I am in utter allergy hell.
(I am also feeling extremely melodramatic, so forgive me whilst I rant and rant about the horriblenesses of allergies.)
I have such a stereotypical allergy that it almost embarrasses me to say it! I bet you 90% of the people allergic to something are allergic to animal fur. And so am I.
Cats, to be specific.
I just came back from a dinner party, and even though the cats were locked up in a room, the infinite number of hairs that they shed all over the house acted like silent killers to my nose, effectively rendering my breathing capabilities to ugly congested sniffs.

It REALLY stinks. (And when I say that, I wish I could actually smell it. Because smelling something bad would be better than not even being able to breathe)

I think the worst part about having this allergy is that I actually really like cats. Like, how sick is that? I either get to choose to not play with them, which makes me sad, and also usually still makes my sinuses act up... or DO play with them, in which my sinuses just shut down altogether (and when I say that, I am actually exaggerating for the sake of a story)



Do you have a [health] problem that bugs the bejeebes out of you?

12 comments:

Okie said...

That's gotta suck being allergic to an animal you love. I couldn't imagine being allergic to my dog. But things aren't as bad for you having a cat as you think. check out this website... http://cats.lovetoknow.com/Non_Allergenic_Cats

Seneca said...

Haha yah I actually have narcolepsy. I don't know why but I find it funny. Thankfully I haven't randomly fallen asleep (yet):D but it is frustrating. Sorry about your allergies, my whole family has bad allergies except me and I feel bad when they have allergy attacks and I am going to stop before I type allergies one more time...

Sam said...

aww feel better! i'm allergic to burt's bees wax lip balm. i hate it! that stuff seems so amazing! hah. i looked like i got lip injunctions and my lips hadn't healed yet when i used it.

Allison said...

Oh my gosh, Sam, that sounds horrible! I just LOVE Burt's Bees, and it would be horrible it ANYTHING that I put on my lips swelled them up.

Seneca- do you have to take special medication against falling asleep randomly?

OKie- I love it! But I definitely would NEVER get a hairless cat. :D

Emily Sue said...

oh gee whiz allergies are HELL (excuse my language) i hate them. i get them every year january until april, and if i forget to take my pills i definatley feel it, lungs, head , nose, ears, throat you name it; it aches. HORRID. also, i am allergic to metal which ultra sucks because i can't wear any cutie jewelry unless it costs like 282947029347 dollars! insane, so i totes know you're pain. thanks for your sweet comments on my blog they always make my day!

linnykins said...

Aww :( *hugs* being allergic to cats when you love them is terrible. It's so unfair!!

Hehe, that's an appropriate piccy you have there.

Nancy Face said...

Oh, NOOO! That really stinks! :(

My cute daughter-in-law Sierra is allergic to pet fur and some fruits. She didn't know she was allergic to avocado until she ate some and her throat started swelling shut and she had to be rushed to the emergency room! EEEK! She's super allergic to dogs and cats, except for dogs that have hair instead of fur. She and Ty just got a little Yorkie that has hair (not fur!) and he doesn't shed at all, and he doesn't make her allergic! Yay! :)

Marissa said...

Oh goodness. Growing up, I had a friend that had two cats and I couldn't go withtin two feet of her most days.
I'm also allergic to chlorine so I don't swim..

Ivy said...

I WANT YOUR BLOG SNOW!! Where'd ya get it?
Love me

Seneca said...

yah I actually take Ritalin. It helps me to focus and not think about sleeping or getting sleepy. I def notice a difference when I don't take it. I won't prevent me from randomly falling asleep though, so that could still happen. And all my friends want to be there when it does. ha ha

Allison said...

Ivy- I got it over at the amazing ShabbyBlogs, where I get EVERYTHING.

Nancy Face- I didn't know that some dogs had HAIR instead of fur- that's so strange... and totally perfect for me! :D

SJ said...

Allergies are AWFUL. They're the worst in the world, I totally feel your pain!

My dog has been in the house for the past week and every morning when I wake up I sneeze like 30 times. True story. I think I'm starting to get used to it, though. Purely out of love.