Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sushi Partayy!!

So, my best friend Anne turned 17 this past December, yet we never quite got around to having a party for her!
(And believe me, we tried- every week it was "Anne, how 'bout this Saturday" and she would always answer "Oh... after this test, after this essay..."
You can see how that would take a while!)

ANYWAYS- since we all adore sushi, we decided to have a little sushi-making party to celebrate her MUCH belated birthday.

I was extremely proud of my sushi.

Being the neat freak I am, I had to perfectly align my rice, cucumber, and egg on my seaweed. I may or may not have been the butt of some jokes at the table.

But, in the end, I got the last laugh- my sushi(s) turned out beautifully!

We also made fun of Anne for her unwillingness to just PICK UP the sushi and eat it. She didn't want to ruin it (or maybe get her hands dirty?) so she used the saran-wrap (that we used to roll the sushi) to serve as a fork of sorts... Silly Anne.

Group picture!!

Oh, and another one... yes. LOONG explanation- in short- Avatar Makeup Tutorial. That's all I'm gonna say! ;D

16 comments:

Kristin Lee said...

Looks like fun. :D

Kellie said...

Sushi... YUM! That just made me so very hungry, haha!

Neha said...

lol i love the avatar picture!

linnykins said...

Yummm, sushi...so good :D Happy birthday to Anne, and it looks like you had a fun time :D

You look pretty in green, by the way!

Celeste said...

hahaha aww that looks like so much fun! i love making sushi with david :)

Chloe said...

yummm I love sushi, it looks so good

Mar said...

You make sushi look good! :)

Manju said...

you totally have my respect. i tried making sushi rolls once, and it all ended up in a messy pile of rice, seaweed and fillings >_<

Karm W-H said...

wow that is sushi? I have never tried it, but it looks harmless. I thought it was strictly fish and oysters or whatever lol you guys look adorable though. I miss group dates.

lynninlove said...

Yum! yours look perfecto! Is that shredded pork/beef??

Allison said...

Lynn- yes! (Dried) shredded pork! :D

the "L" spot said...

how fun! your sushi looks yuummmie! I can never ever get my sushi to come out good. My rice is never sticky enough and it all just falls apart!

Ashton Dene' said...

I so want to learn how to make sushi, so I am super jealous of this party of yours! How fun.

x, ash

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a follower!!!

trishie said...

Looks like fun!
I really should try making my own sushi one day.

MoreThanMyOwnLife said...

What an awesome party! I'd love to learn how to make sushi, it is one of my fav foods.