Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Unit at Winter Ball

I'm just gonna start out by saying- if you don't know who "the unit" is (aka. The Boyfriend Unit)- I'd mosey on down here and check it out!

For the rest of you-
I shall commence!

So, you remember how much I enjoy hair, right? Well, apparently my fun has not been overlooked!
Stella, the yin of my boyfriend unit, requested that I do her for hair for Winter Ball for the wonderful payment of cookies. Um... YES!

I gave her what I call "The Goddess"...

I started out by french braiding down each side of her head, close to the hairline.

Then we stuck her hair in curlers!
Stella had never had her hair curled before (can you believe it?) and was SO excited when...

... the curls came out well!
You should've seen her. She was bouncing up and down (as were the curls) and "boing-ing" each ringlet.
Silly Stella. :D

Then I stuck in a couple of bobby pins, and voila!
The Goddess.

Just a quick tip if you try and replicate this hairstyle- make sure you bobby pin the curls up randomly and at different heights so that you have many layers.
Stella's hair is all the same length, so while the hair just down and curled would be nice, it gives a much nicer, fuller look when the whole head is covered with curls.

Elad attempting to tie his tie without choking himself in the process.

A picture of the happy couple (Stella and Elad) right before they headed out to Winter Ball!

17 comments:

Kellie said...

DANG girl! I have no hair skills at all. Curling is as far as I get. You can just come here and do my hair every day so I look nice, right?

Karina said...

Ahh such amazingess! THEY LOOKED SO CUTE.

And you rock! :)

Celeste said...

cuuutteee! will you do MY hair? i can't french braid down the side of my hairline (or at all..) for the life of me!

The Style Mansion said...

Beautiful hairstyle

Meghan O said...

i love "the goddess" it's soo pretty!!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

beautiful! you are so talented!

Christina Love said...

Love the blog!

lipstickthunder.blogspot.com

linnykins said...

Well done on the hair, it looks awesomeeeee! You're amazing. Very pretty. :)

Your boyfriend unit post made me smile :))

Justice Pirate said...

aww I do my hiar with those type of braids all the time since I was 15. hehe. . . without all the pretty curls though. Great job she did. This is a cute post.

Mar said...

You are my hair-styling-hero! This looks gorgeous!

And I love how his tie matches her dress :)

jaselle louise said...

so pretty!

Madi Rose said...

okay, so i love the hairdo. you have a real talent!
annnd oh boy. the office is my fav. oohh pam and jim<3
annnd jonas brothers: i have many many stories i could tell you about them. *cough* *cough* when i was 16 me and my friends drove to cali to see them because they werent famous enough yet to come to utah. i could go on and on and on about them!
sorry for talking your ear off. and im so glad you visited my blog!
-madi rose.

MoreThanMyOwnLife said...

Your hair skillz make me super jealous! "The Goddess" is beautiful!

MoreThanMyOwnLife said...

Your hair skillz make me super jealous! "The Goddess" is beautiful!

Sam said...

You did a great job! I'm horrible at doing hair. Very very horrible.

JenSwan60 said...

Brava. Nice hair. I am happy that you're using my photos, too, but other people might like to be credited. Something to think about, and perhaps learn about. There are lots of ways to do it, we can talk, especially if you teach me how to make my blog so pretty and unique!

samnhal said...

her hair turned out totally cute!