Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Prom to Remember

For those of you who talk to me, or listen to me often enough, you know that prom is on my mind.
I've been looking at dresses, checking out our prom location... etc, etc.

However, there's a school out there who I believes deserves their prom night SO much more than I do.

Cupertino High School's class of 2010, when they were freshmen, voted to put ALL their fund-raising money (which usually goes to a class' Junior and Senior Prom) into a program called Kenya Dream that helps support underprivileged Kenyan schools to get better supplies and better facilities.

Because of their selflessness, they didn't have a Junior Prom, and would willingly sacrifice their Senior Prom, too.

That's why I'm encouraging you ALL to vote for Cupertino High School in Dell's SUPER PROM!


SuperProm is an event paid for entirely by Dell that allows one school of voter's choosing to have a prom.
A Super Prom.

Most schools on the voting list are asking for the Super Prom because of the recession- and while I feel for them, Cupertino did WAY more than that- they willingly gave away all their money to help a better cause.

All you have to do to help Cupertino win Dell's SuperProm is to register to vote here, with a legitimate email (It's safe- trust me!), and
vote, vote, vote
!

Don't you think they deserve it?

13 comments:

anbuhikaru said...

Thanks for doing this allison!!

and to everybody who reads this:

PLEASE vote for these guys! They've been trying their hardest and they really do deserve it. They spend countless weekends fundraising, washing cars, and more to reach their goal of $100,000 dollars to donate to kenya.

With only 2 days left in voting, EVERY vote counts, and don't you want to grab your chance to make a difference in the world? If you, your friends, and your family voted YOU could make a significant difference in this competition and help Cupertino High Win!!

thanks everybody
-Anindya Basu

Mar said...

Voted!

I love that you're blogging about this! Which is why I hope you'll have a great prom as well!

Sam said...

That is so awesome that they do that! I will definitely vote for them :)

Savanah said...

Wow, that is amazing.

Gives me a little more hope that future generations will more humane to each other than the past ones.

Amy said...

Yay! I just voted. This was so great of you to blog about this.
:)

Kellie said...

That is great! I'm voting :-)

Christina said...

Heyy I totally went to Cupertino my senior year. I also kind of hated it. Thats so great that they gave up their prom money for a cause though.. I'm off to vote right now!

KatOfDiamonds said...

What a wonderful gift~ you are so swell Allison!

linnykins said...

Great idea! :D

Justice Pirate said...

they totally deserve it!

Vanessa said...

Awesome. School dances were some of my fav memories from HS, no one should be without one!

The Style Mansion said...

Great post for a great cause.

Alexa Mae said...

that really is so amazing! yes i think they do!