Friday, February 19, 2010

SAT Sarcasm

So, I like the SATs just as much as anyone does.
I don't LOVE 'em, I don't HATE 'em, I just kinda deal with them.
Which, I guess, is just what you have to do when it comes to tests that have a determining factor to whether or not you get into college.


But while I was doing my "SAT Question of the Day" today, I seriously started to question my feelings for this test.

Part of the following sentence is underlined; beneath the sentence are five ways of phrasing the underlined material. Select the option that produces the best sentence. If you think the original phrasing produces a better sentence than any of the alternatives, select choice A.

New analyses of a fossil suggest winged insects having possibly emerged as early as 400 million years ago.


Answer Choice






Right! (Applause.)


Um, do you need to do this, College Board? (Do you really?)
Is that supposed to make me feel good about myself?
It feels like you are mocking me- either ditch the "applause" or give it like a man! Not some sissy little (Applause.)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Did you really think I wouldn't get the SWAC reference? did you really?
..love it thought and I remember my ACT(the SAT of the West) days..glad there behind me!

Christina said...

haha what the hell? It really said Applause? Thats pretty funny. I never took the SATs.. even in high school I knew I was going to be worthless when it came to college.

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious! I should show this to my students.

Karina said...

Ugh I hate the SAT question of the day. I just got home today, and I had a weeks worth to answer haha.

Allison said...

I don't mind them- they're not too difficult, and it's, like, less than a percent of the actual test. They could work on their encouragement, though! :D

Madi Rose said...

you are tagged :)

visit my blog.

Sam said...

I strongly disliked the ACTs, never took the SATs. Good luck!