Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Grammar Lesson!

You probably all know of my OCD-ness when it comes to things being neat and orderly (excluding my room, of course).
WELL, the only other pet peeve I can think of (other than people singing along in nasally voices off-pitch to musical movies I'm seeing for the first time) is
grammar mistakes.
That seems like such a prissy thing to get annoyed at, but I am totally the kind of girl who punctuates and capitalizes during IMs and chats- and who constantly nags at the other people when they address me as "U" or "UR"....

(I'm not really sure why I posted this picture... probably because I think glasses --> librarian --> books --> grammar? Hmm....)

If you want to be on my "Good Grammar" side (which is always favored!), I brush up a bit on the differences between "its" and "it's", "their" "they're" and "there"....
Oh, and "your" and "you're". I think my teeth are so small from grinding them when I see those switched. And my teeth are BABIES. (I really don't know why, actually. It kind of bugs me how petite they are...)

If you have trouble differentiating them- feel free to email me. :)
OR, if you need your essay proof read, I love doing that as well. You can call me Miss Red. Because that's the color your paper might be after I'm done.

I'm vicious.

15 comments:

Kellie said...

I have tiny baby teeth, it bugs me.
Grammar is a big thing for me too! Spelling, as well. For example? We have a whiteboard at work where we write what we need to have ordered. I will correct any misspelled words.. just yesterday I had to change brocoli to broccoli, and sause to sauce. Agh!

Alyssa said...

Yay, I love to proofread too!

Kellie said...

OH and what bugs me most, is my coworkers are all at least 10 years older than me.

ChloƩ said...

haha i am the worst. i know i am doing it wrong i just am too lazy to fix it. haha, oh well! i even used to be OCD about it! you look so cute in that picture!!

Sam said...

Haha, I'm only picky when I'm working on something I have to turn in for class or what I'm working on at work. Though using the correct "their" "they're" "there" and "your" "you're" should always be done! I tend to type without punctuation when I'm on iChat, Facebook, blogging, etc. But for the sake of this comment, I'm trying to make sure it is all grammatically correct :)

I have to say though, I will TRY to use correct punctuation on twitter, but I'm constantly over the character limit. When that happens, the first thing I edit out is punctuation.

Allison said...

Sam- totally understandable. 140 characters does NOT give room for niceties all the time. It bugs me, but I can live with it! :D

linnykins said...

OH man. I agree with your post! My pet peeve is the "your" and "you're" mistake, it seems to be more common these days. Grr.

Andy said...

You should feel lucky your teeth are small. Mine used to be the most noticeable thing on my face, sadly. Luckily a brace sorted it out, with it's magical shrinking abilities.

Meghan O said...

really terrible grammar bugs me! i've figured out tricks to not mix up your and you're and their, they're and there. although i am a little careless sometimes and accidentally switch them, woops =)

Mar said...

You are vicious, mhaha. Love it!

But no, I can not stand those grammar mistakes either and my native language isn't even English. I really hate using 'ur' instead of 'your'. It just looks wrong. But sometimes, twitter leaves me with no choice...

Alexa Mae said...

i am like that too. especially with "too" and "to". tricky but ya gotta know em.
you are so dang adorable!! love it and you.

Vanessa said...

I *HATE* when people misuse you're and your. Drives me up the wall!

JenSwan60 said...

Gorgeous and a grammar goddess, to boot. That's great!

samnhal said...

This totally bugs me too. Funny story: my husband was texting a friend pretending to be me. She said she knew it wasn't me because there was no punctuation. haha. Glad I'm not the only one out there.

Lavender said...

Man! I know exactly what you mean.
Internet lingo should die a tragic death! NOW!