Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pomplamoose

Y'all know I listen to a LOT of music-
so much so, that I never really "advertise" artists on my blog.
Occasionally, yes, but there are too many to count. Seriously.

I just recently found the most eccentric cover-artist band ever: "Pomplamoose". I think it consists of a "girl" and a "boy" (In quotes because they're grown-ups... but I refer to each gender as a child. So there.) but I'm not really sure- the guy might switch throughout the videos. Either that, or he just grew a beard.
Who knows?

This cover is just so strange, so unique. I have no idea if I like it or not.
I know her voice is beautiful, the arrangement is spectacular...
I just don't know.
It's too different!

This one is just beautiful. I love French, and her accent is so great!
And the arrangement isn't too out-of-the-ordinary.

What do you think?
(and even better- do you have bands that you'd recommend?)

13 comments:

Sam said...

i love love love pomplamoose! make sure to listen to all of their videos! their beyonce cover is awesome so make sure to check that one out first if you haven't already listened to it! okay... too many !!!. I'll stop now :)

Alexandria said...

I love that cover. Thanks for sharing it. I also love to listen to music in French...even though I do not speak a word of it.

Kimberly said...

I love it. Sometimes different is just what is needed. You are awesome.

Marci Darling said...

Quite honestly, I'm still hooked on Touch Screen by Indigo.

Yes, I downloaded it. AVOCADO

{megs in wonderland} said...

i have never heard of them, but i like what i am listenin to!!!

funny story though, when i started listening to the first one, i could not figure out what was so funky and weird about, i was like "2 different harmonies, whaaaaat?"....and then i realized your music player was playing glee down on the bottom. after i switched that one off, i liked the cover a LOT better:)

kelzone said...

you are right, it is a boy and a girl...same guy, he just sometimes grows out his facial hair. i LOVE their "single ladies" cover...so great.

band to recommend: a few weeks ago i started a weekly "tuesday's muse" post where i talk about music. i don't know that i've posted about one specific artist yet but i have posted albums with various artists. which is the best way to find new music.

Allison said...

Marci- Potato Potahto... ROSIE O'DONNELL.

Madi Rose said...

i watched the first video and your right, i cant decide if i like it or not. its different!
and i have WAY too many bands to recommend but lately i have been listening to alot of sherwood!

Alisha said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Seneca said...

oh my word. I was about to do the same exact post! haha Props!

Connie said...

she's great! this is awesome..

The Childlike empress said...

oh wow,
thanks for sharing these they are both great!

Jacki said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE pomplamoose!!!
their single ladies cover is the best!