Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Power of Love

To many people I probably seem like a strange, strange teen.
I mean, I love listening to (and playing) classical music, I read a bunch, I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga's music or her clothes (though I think she's amazingly talented and brave), and I have the morals of a 50 year old sometimes.
If you were hoping I would break that assumption, I'm sorry. Today is not your day.

I was just watching the ol' American Idol with my mom, and the "heartthrob" Casey James came in singing the "Back to the Future" classic The Power of Love.... and the judges thought it was old fashioned!
Puh-lease.
Good music never goes out of style.

And so, in tribute to that amazing music that it seems sometimes only I enjoy, here's The Power of Love:


P.S. Unfortunately for this blog, I got a part in our drama department's production of "Just So Stories". I'm ecstatic to finally be acting- but it's gonna be tough getting work finished.
So, I might be MIA for a little while, and blogging will probably be sporadic the next couple of months... please love me through it!

14 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

I agree good music never becomes old fashhioned. Congratulations on your part in the 'Just So Stories'!

emilia. said...

Oh neat! Congrats to you. :)
Xoxo.

Marci Darling said...

Congrats, you will be FANTASTIC!
p.s. I have the morals of a 50 year old too.

Vanessa said...

Oh how I love back to the future!!

Congrats!!! You'll be amazing!!

Miss Priss Morgan said...

This was a huge topic on my favorite radio morning show today. They said Huey will "stand the test of time!" They then played clips from back to the future, and a ton of teens called in and had no idea what Back to the future was!!!!

PS I love Casey too... he has that ring in his voice...

linnykins said...

Fair enough, blogging kinda takes second place after all the other stuff we should be doing!

American Idol. Heh.

abbface said...

So I think we're twins. I've been reading for a while now but have never commented... but yes. We are twins. I don't have time to list everything right now, but here's a few:

classical music? I adore!
Lady Gaga? agreed!
Morals? absolutely. and I am occasionally made fun of because of them.
I think you said once that you love the 50s? MOI AUSSI!

Justice Pirate said...

I'm pretty old fashioned in my views too. Lately I've been feeling like I sound 80 years old to people with my moral ideals haha.
I agree with you that I love the
"OLD FASHIONED" style of things. I don't watch T.V. so I don't know how that song sounded done by whoever did it, but I love the original! haha.

And I'm with you on Lady Gaga. She only makes me upset honestly.. . I don't care how artsy fartsy she is, I see the effect she has on my youth group girls who are 11-18 years old.

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

You sound like me when I was a teen. It is the way to be. Congrats on your part!

Karm said...

*sniff sniff* MISS ALLISON, I have so missed your blog posts.. haha I finally got internet back up and running haha. anyway, CONGRATS ON GETTING THE PART!! (: Back to the Future is one of my favy movies (:

Connie said...

hahaha! You are my FAVORITE kind of teen. We need more like you. And btw, I was singing along with CJ that whole time.. this song is so great. The judges cheese me off sometimes because I'm like, did they just hear what I did? They usually LOVE and rave about something when I hated it lol

lucy said...

I love classical music too! It helps me study- my favourite is Pachelbel's Canon in D :D And reading is awesome too.

Love your blog, and good luck with your performance :)

Glam Girl said...

I loved that movie, watch it over 10 times!

Russo said...

Continue being yourself and having your 'moral's of a 50 year old'. I think it's great!! Problem with our and the coming generation is that they don't appreciate anything and aren't their own people. They follow the stereotypes and confirm to what they see on TV. It's sad really.

But on a lighter note, Congrats!! And Can't go wrong with Back to the Future. LOVE all of them! Wish they'd make more movies like it, haha.

And Classical music = amazing!