Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Decapitated Teddy Bears.

Yes, those words are the definition of our drama costuming department right now.
I told you a month or so ago that I was in the play, "Just So Stories" (adapted off of the book by Rudyard Kipling), and these scenes have animals in them. A lot of them.
Well, if you're a costume designer and you need to make hats that act as heads for dogs, cats, horses, and camels.... the easiest place to get fur is off of stuffed animals.

Melanie, the costume designer, hard at work gluing a horse's head together.

The completed cat and dog heads.

The camel.

My dog head! (I don't know if I'll be able to wear it...)

I think I'm gonna throw up.

14 comments:

Alyssa said...

Haha poor bear. It does look odd.

Doppelgänger said...

:)) Although I see you managed to hang on. :>

Karm said...

awww. that does look weird... haha

samnhal said...

That's a good idea, but that is a bit sad looking taking apart a cute stuffed animal.

Justice Pirate said...

haha you know what though? these are actually pretty cute regardless.

Faux Naif said...

eek, that's a little strange!

Mar said...

I kind of really like the camel hat... And your new header!

linnykins said...

Good idea, but yeah, I feel bad for the animals :(

Karina said...

AH! Such sadness. :(

POP Fizz Academy said...

Hey Allison!

Thanks for stopping by POP Fizz and your sweet comments!

xo Nicole

Nancy Face said...

Okay...I was reading through your post, being all impressed and stuff by the great talent of the costume designer, then I came upon the teddy bear head, just sitting there looking all dead, and it CRACKED ME UP! Soooo hilarious! :D

Caroline of Salsa Pie said...

Poor little guys! ;)
Seriously though, that is so creative. I love the camel!

JenSwan60 said...

You were GREAT in your dog hat. Woof!

leigh ashley said...

hey! just wanted to let you know there's an award for you over on my page...

http://leighashley.blogspot.com/2010/05/heres-to-my-stylish-friends.html

have a great day!