Saturday, April 10, 2010

On A Night Like This

Prom (for the most part) was just like I thought it was going to be.
Pretty epic.

Y'all know how much I love hair, right? WELL... I'd been planning prom hair for a long time (Sad, I know. But that's the kind of person I am!) and was really happy with how it turned out!

Curls...

And then "outie" braided on the sides, and tied/pinned up in the back...

Then CURLY BANG(s)!

The whole ensemble: hair, blue dress (altered by my grandma), silver ribbon (with rosettes lovingly made by my mommy), and silver sweater (for the chillies!).

Oh, and dark red lipstick.

We took pictures and ate at Neha's house and had an AMAZING time.
(from left to right: Ab, Lena, Tomer, Me, Aneesha, Neha, Anne, Mahsa, Keshav)

Our boys are amazing. And yes, Ab is in the cream suit. And no, I didn't have a boy date. (S'cool, though)

The drive there.

The Corinthian! (Which I thought was an ironic name, seeing as the pillars are Ionic style...)

The dance floor (SO many people- 2/3 of our class- showed up.)

And there's nothing like a formal event with a crazy-long line to wait in. This was the line for pictures... yeah. LONG. Lame-o.

Our picture. And yes, it says "East High Junior Prom". Because High School Musical is da bomb.

27 comments:

Miss Priss Morgan said...

Fun!!! I love the "outtie braid." I've been french braiding, fish tailing, etc. since I was the fourth grade but I still cannot "outtie braid" on my own self! You're talented!

Alexandria said...

You look so grown up and beautiful! Will you do my hair some time? It looks fabulous!

I have missed your bloggy face! Check your email! I know I was late!

love you
xoxo

Justice Pirate said...

aww how very beautiful you are. I love what you looked like on prom. ^_^

Alyssa said...

I spent weeks thinking about what i was going to do with my hair, too. I think yours turned out fantastic!! And your dress was gorgeous. Glad you had a good time!

Meghan O said...

you look so pretty! and i love that you had a long dress! prom is such a good excuse to wear a long dress!

ps boy dates are overrated. i went with a group of friends both years and we had just as much fun!

Mrs. Beer said...

Awww this makes me miss high school! SO MUCH! You all looked great, how fun :)

The Style Mansion said...

Great photos. Looks like you had a great time!

Lauren said...

Fun! I loved prom :) You look absolutely beautiful!

Bee Sarah Lee Bailey said...

you looked beautiful i love your hair!

Marci Darling said...

you look flipping amazing! Looks like so much fun!

Connie said...

you are beautiful and I'm glad you had a fun prom!

linnykins said...

Love the photos, you look beautiful :)

lynninlove said...

Your hair is SO beauteous! I wish I knew how to do that to mine!

Kellie said...

yay you look gorgeous. I'm glad you had fun :)

KatOfDiamonds said...

what lovely hair!!

amanda leeann said...

you're so pretty!

i'm so glad you had fun!!

looooove you!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

you look soooo pretty! love the hair and the dress, and well everything!!! :)
im surprised not a lot of girls wore long dresses, we all did for my prom, i thought that was "the" thing to do. lol

also---i nominated you for a blog award. :) check it out here: http://getthewordsout.blogspot.com/2010/04/wonderful-blog-awards.html

-kellie

samnhal said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! Your hair looks so stinkin cute, I'm kind of jealous of your ability to do cute hairdos. I love the rosettes on your sash.

JenSwan60 said...

You look so lovely in your matching ribbon, rosettes and silver sweater. Lovely lovely. (the hair is good too, we've come to expect that from you! I hope you had a great time.)

abbface said...

gorgeous!
I am jealous of your mad hair skills, ps.

Celeste said...

you are gorgeous! good job with your hair! i can never get curls to stay... it looks like you had an amazing night :)

december 11th said...

Allison! The dress looks so much better on you! Love the sash! I need to see a picture of the rosettes on the back! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Katie said...

you look gorgeous!!! glad you had fun at your prom

Neha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash Att said...

You look so adorable my avacado loving friend! :)

Vanessa said...

You look stunning! I hope you loved prom as much as I did!

Christina said...

You pretty girl! I hope you had fun!