Saturday, April 24, 2010

School Addles Me.

Here is direct proof of how my badly my brain works after a week of school:

I teach piano to a pair of 6-year old twins, and because they're boys and because they're six, they tend to get distracted really easily. It's my job to make things as interesting as possible, and of course make everything we do into a game! (With winners being them, and loser being me, of course.)

I was playing "guess the word" where I give them notes and it spells out a word that they have to read (because they're in Kindergarten and this helps them) and we came across this:
I was just filling out the "F" at the end, and they asked what word it was.
Me: Hmm... "Deef"? I've never heard that word before.
Boys: What does it mean?
Me: Maybe, some sort of.. I don't know.
Boys: Why would they put a fake word there? Did we still win?
Me: DEAF!
Boys: ?
Me: That's the word. DEAF... I am so dead right now.

And there you have it. I was SO tired that I forgot how to read.
And I did it in front of two six year old boys who probably will never ask me to help them again.

Thank you, school.

6 comments:

Sam said...

haha, omg i love it :) I've definitely had moments like this as well. Just gotta laugh at them!

linnykins said...

Heh heh. I remember spelling out words with music!

leigh ashley said...

haha!! this is awesome!! :)

Vanessa said...

Hahaha! Oh that school does it every time. 8)

samnhal said...

Oh man, I totally know what you're talking about. The end of school approaches and your brain is just fried. Although, my dad pronounces it deef...but on purpose. haha.

Karm said...

haha you are still awesome Allison! loved your convo with the twins.