Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mom-Embarrasser

Just so you know, I am one. A mom-embarrasser, that is.
I was in Staples the other day with her and my dad the other day because we were waiting for the take-out food that took twenty minutes too long because we didn't call ahead of time.

Just as side note: Who doesn't like Staples? I mean, it's full of cute pens and stationary and swirly chairs and notebooks and binders... I could go on and on. Plus, it reminds me of Dwight from The Office.

I may or may not always look for Rainn Wilson each time I enter the store...

Back to the story-
So we were in Staples, and then this song comes up on the radio:


Okay man, this is a great song. And it's impossible not to dance to. And if you know me, when I dance, I dance all out. So there I was, kicking my legs and shaking my shoulders in the middle of Staples, and employees may be staring at me...
My mom laughs, "Aren't I supposed to be the one who embarrasses you? Not the other way around?"

I never thought I'd see the day.

How do you embarrass your parents? Come on, you know you do.

7 comments:

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

All the time!

Vanessa said...

I embarrass my mom all the time in public. She hates attention so it is waaay too easy.

samnhal said...

I think I've always been a parent embarrasser. I think I'm a husband embarrasser. I dance, I sing, I say things way too loud, I dress funny...oh, the list goes on and on, but I don't care. That's why they love me, right?

amanda leeann said...

girrrrrl! i have missed you!

& i love staples. and the office. but you knew that ;)

i'm sure my mom and i take turns embarrassing one another, but no specific examples come to mind...

Mar said...

I don't think I ever embarrased my parents, oddly enough... :)

Adrian said...

Haha that's really funny!!
I don't think I could ever embarrass my parents they are pretty tolerant of everything! haha

Karm said...

haha I think my kids embarrass my mom more... well actually, my mom told me that when I was 5 I had thrown myself down on the floor at a Walmart and cried like heck for a barbie... haha I wish I coulda seen her face haha