Thursday, June 10, 2010

Soo-shee

Su-shi: cold boiled rice moistened with rice vinegar, usually shaped into bite-size pieces and topped with raw seafood (nigiri-zushi) or formed into a long seaweed-wrapped roll, often around strips of vegetable or raw fish, and sliced into bite-size pieces (maki-zushi)

I like to think that I have really sophisticated taste buds (if little bumps on your tongue can be that), but in actuality- I'm more like a Vanilla.
I say that I love sushi, but I really only like California Rolls. It's not that I haven't tried real sushi... I just don't like the texture.

Strangely enough, though, I LOVE the look of sushi.
I make mini-clay sushi, keep clocks on my blog that have sushi pieces instead of numbers, and wear a really awesome sushi band-aid that my french teacher gave me when I accidentally kicked a scab off my ankle.

Annndd.... that was probably too much information about me! Man, you learn something new every day, huh?

11 comments:

leigh ashley said...

haha! this is hilarious! at least you've tried it though!! :)

Alexandria said...

You crack me up! Haha. This is totally a win!

xoxo

Alexandria said...

You crack me up! Haha. This is totally a win!

xoxo

Alisha said...

I usually only have California rolls too but recently (before I was pregnant) we found this awesome sushi place that has deep fried rolls and they are delicious (and cooked!). So the texture is not bad because that is what bugs me too!

Vanessa said...

I loooove me some sushi. Though I hate the texture of raw sushi, so I eat the cooked rolls. Shrimp, crab, salmon, sweet potato, love them all!

Karm said...

haha Allison, you are awesome... I like learning something new everyday (:

Allister Bee said...

Allison,

I've grabbed your button! You can find it on the right side of my blog!

Add mine!

http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

Thank you,
Paislea

Justice Pirate said...

You just reminded me that I need to post photos of some sushi that I made a couple weeks ago. I have sushi rice and have made a few sushi but not too well yet. I'm still a beginner. Mmmm I love it though.

Kell said...

Ha! I love it. I have spongebob bandaids :-)

I'm with you about sushi.. I only really like one or two rolls.

Bathwater said...

You make a lot of sense I think a lot of food aversion has to do with texture not just taste.

samnhal said...

I'm not a big fan of the texture either. but...I stinking love your shoes.