Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Terra, I'm SO gone!"

Name that quote?
(And don't worry if you don't know it. I'm kind of facepalming that I do- answer's at the bottom!)

So, I'm just gonna point out, rather obviously, that it's summer. At least, in the United States it is. And what does summer mean?
Hot!
I went to a great picnic dinner this weekend, and our hostess had the tastiest fruit salad ever that was delicious, and it cooled us down!

It was GORGEOUS because it had strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in it- but what really surprised me was that she also added lemon zest and tarragon (hence the random title of this post).
Granted, I don't know much about spices, but it was a great twist on a (still amazing) "generic" fruit salad, and made for a guest-pleasing summer dessert!

Answer: Hannah Montana S.1 Ep. 15 "People Who Use People"

8 comments:

Marci Darling said...

That looks AMAZING.

Dude. Alabama is so hot. I'm outside for 2 minutes, and it feels like my face is melting off.

Alexandria said...

YUM. I want a big ol' bite of that fruit salad. California is WAY too hot today!

Lemon zest pretty much makes everything better!

xoxo

Kell said...

That fruit salad looks uhmaaaaaaaaazing!

Emily said...

Please tell me that quote is from Gone with the wind. I really think it is. It is hotter than hell here in VA too.

Karm said...

that fruit salad looks sooo delicious. makes me want to run to the grocery store to buy some strawberries right now haha

jennifer michelle said...

I don't know what's sillier:

the fact that you quoted that...
...or the fact that I instantly recognised it

*facepalm" x100 :D hahahah

Allison said...

Jennifer Michelle- I KNOW. My friends laugh at me for quoting Disney, but I don't care! Haha.

samnhal said...

Terragon, that's an interesting touch. Summer is just starting to hit over here, it keeps raining, but I'm not complaining that the super heat hasn't hit yet. I'm not ready for 100 degrees.