Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Melodies III


This week's Monday Melodies, I have to admit, is coming with a slightly selfish purpose.
You see, I have realized that, for me, what really makes a song amazing is handclaps. Not like live clapping at the end, but rhythmic, in the beat, clapping.
SO AMAZING.
And because I love it so much, I'm going to make a playlist consisting only of songs with this amazing addition and probably label it "Handclaps" or something lame like that. But I'll post it here too, no worries.
The selfish part is that I'm asking YOU for songs like this!

To make myself feel a little bit better for being so needy, I'm posting TWO songs here, both with handclaps, both amazing.


This song, which you've probably all heard of is called "King of Anything" by Sara Bareilles, and there's really not that much to say. It's catchy, her voice is lovely, and I sing it constantly. And clap.
It's awesome.


This song is a little less well known, called "Dog Days are Over" by Florence and the Machine. I heard this song a while back, and was so proud to know an "indie" song, but it's been slowly creeping into pop culture via movie trailers... so we'll see where it goes.
All I want to say is- I knew it first!

So, if you know any good clapping songs, feel free (I'd LOVE it) to post them down here!

6 comments:

Karm said...

wow... awesome songs allison... og btw I miss your web presence haha (:

Vanessa said...

I sadly don't know any clapping songs but let me tell you, I LOVE Florence + The Machine! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

samnhal said...

I just heard that king of anything song last week and I adore it.

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

awesome songs!! I love Florence and the machine so much!

Mar said...

Rosa Parks - Outkast

And Florence and the Machine is my current music obsession :)

Kayla said...

I love that new song by Sara! I sing it all the time!