Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Melodies IV

Just this last Saturday, I went to the wedding of my former youth leader, Amy- the sweetest, most beautiful woman ever who is just perfect with her new husband Matt.
The wedding was wonderful, and the reception was just GORGEOUS. They had the cutest ideas ever for the party, and it looked like something out of Once Wed!

(an example of the cuteness explosion that was happening in the outdoor reception)

Because every great party has amazing music, all the guests were dancing and having a fabulous time- Amy and Matt even choreographed a swing dance routine that they showed us on the dance floor!
So. Cute.

This brings me to the point of this week's Monday Melody- wedding songs.
I know I'm only 16 going on 17 and should hardly be thinking about that right now, but sometimes it just comes up, you know?
Amy and Matt's first slow song was to Etta James' "At Last" and this week's choice is a tribute to them.
(Also, it's just an AMAZING song.)


Without further ado,
Etta James.


What song would YOU have (or did you have) for your wedding?

10 comments:

Bee Sarah Lee Bailey said...

i want to walk to "i will" by the beatles!

whatitdowhathey said...

The Luckiest - Ben Folds

I love your page song btw. =3

Kelly said...

Cute!! I love weddings too!

At my cousin's wedding, their first dance was to "Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra (the theme song to the show "Married with Children". It was adorable AND hilarious!

Karina F. said...

This song.
Is my life.


<3

Karina F. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abbey said...

"Beauty and the Beast" from... Beauty and the Beast.

Cheesy, I know. But that movie has been such a huge part of my life, in a weird, obsessive way. Meaning I am completely obsessed with it.

ChloƩ said...

I just got married outdoors in June and my husband and I danced to Love You Madly by Cake. It was so fun.

samnhal said...

I love that song. My sister almost danced to it at her wedding. I danced to You and I, the Micheal Buble version. LOVE that song. My sister also danced to a Micheal Buble song, called Hold On. I don't think it was released in the US, but it's awesome too.

Annah said...

I love me some Etta ! Great musical taste you have there.

JMay said...

Etta James is the best & that song is perfect :-)

My hubby & I danced to Regina Spektor's "Samson".