Friday, August 20, 2010

Well, THAT was a disappointment.

I think it's safe to say that getting your license is a right of passage.
Or something like that.
You get really nervous for the test, but eventually you pass (because you spent 50+ hours behind the wheel) and you have a little piece of plastic called freedom.
Or so I've been told.

That's probably the reason why I was excited and just so hyped up for my test.. that was supposed to happen this morning at 10:40. If all had gone well, there'd probably be a picture of me posing with that little piece of plastic with a HUGE grin on my face.
Unfortunately, no picture is shown.
Because no license was gotten.
Because DMV was closed.

And I know you're thinking, "Allison, really? Why would you go to the DMV when it was closed for a test?" And I agree completely. Why would I?
Hmm, maybe because I booked my appointment for today.
Maybe because they didn't tell us that they are closed every Friday, and let us book an appointment, and then wouldn't let me re-book an appointment after I came back dejected (which the earliest would be OCTOBER) because the results of my supposed appointment today haven't come in.
Why haven't they come in? Oh, I don't know. MAYBE BECAUSE I COULDN'T TAKE IT.

COME ON.

11 comments:

Paislea Elyse said...

Awe! allison! i'm so sorry! that's not good at all! i'm surprised they'd book an appointment on a date they're not going to be there! that's just not fair!!!

better luck next time! have a great weekend!

allisterbee.blogspot.com

Alyssa said...

I'm sorry to hear it :-\ That wait sucks. Maybe it'll work out that you can get an appointment earlier than October!

Lauren said...

Boo, the DMV is lame! I would hassle them until they gave you an earlier appointment!

Allison said...

Lauren- I'll do it! Or, call Arnold himself... haha.

bronzechimera said...

D; Can you go to another DMV? Or must it be a specific one?

Allison said...

Bronzechimera- Technically, yes, I can go to another DMV. But apparently all the DMVs of California are closed on Fridays... who knew?

The Style Mansion said...

That's awful. My friend is an instructor and he says they alwas double check test dates and times for pupils.It's daunting enough going for your test without all that. Sorry for your disappointment,just get some more practice in in the meantime.

Emily Sue said...

oh man.. i am soo sorry!!! the dmv= suckfest to the max!!!

linnykins said...

That's lame! :( Better luck next time and you'll pass with flying colours!!

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

I blame space pirates. Or time travelers.

samnhal said...

That's messed up! DMVs are totally closed on friday. Someone messed up there! Hopefully someone will realize their mistakey and let you take it quicker than october.