Saturday, September 11, 2010

How to: Go Gaga

I've never been a huge fan of Lady Gaga- I mean, yes, she's insanely talented and obviously is a world phenomenon right now, but I think she could put her gorgeous voice to more appropriate use.
But that's just me.
I DO, however, think her style is outrageous. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way...

Frankly, she frightens me.
But that, of course, doesn't stop me from trying out her hairstyles!

HOW TO: GO GAGA- The Bow-style.


1. Take your hair out from its ponytail/braid/bun/etc.

2. Comb or brush it until your hair is nice and fluffy...

3. Like this!

4. Stick all that hair into a ponytail on the top of your head.
Hint: It's easiest to do this if you tilt your head towards the ground and arrange it into a ponytail in that position. Especially when you have long hair and it's too heavy to put up there without some of gravity's help.

5. Tie a floppy bun from that ponytail, making sure to leave some extra hair, the "tail" sticking out in the direction of your face (not facing the back).
Hint: In my vocabulary, there are two types of buns. Twisty buns, in which you twist your hair until it naturally turns into a bun-like shape, and the floppy bun, in which you just take a ponytail and "fold" it in half and tie it that way.

6. Separate the bun into 2 equal sections (these will be the loops of the bow) and try and make them as perky as possible. Fluff them with your fingers, spray them with hairspray (I didn't do that in this tutorial), etc.

7. Take the "tail" left over from the floppy bun and smooth it out with your fingers. You can gently comb through it an extra time, as this will be the middle of the bow.

8. Flip that tail over the center of your two ribbon-sides, and stick the hairs into the rubberband holding the bun together. You can also use bobby pins to secure stray hairs that bug you.

9. BE FIERCE!!

10. Or not fierce!

If you prefer this style better, you can use the above tutorial, using only the top half of your hair as opposed to all of it.

Kind of like this!
(Except not as ugly. This was a rush job.)

What are you waiting for?
GO GAGA!

14 comments:

Pia said...

Haha I love this! I will definitely give it a try.

Kell said...

So cute! You rock a hair bow :)

amanda leeann said...

this is awesome!

wishing my hair was this long now, ha!

Karina F. said...

SO amazingggg.

Emma said...

haha i love this!!! i'm definitely going to have to try it!

liz city said...

You're a genius.
Your fierce face is wonderful :D

Alyssa said...

Dude, I love it! Def. gonna try it out.

samnhal said...

That is Awesome that you figured out how to do this. I'm totally going to try it out!

KatOfDiamonds said...

So cool!

JMay said...

I'm with you on Lady Gaga putting her talents to better use!

Those hairstyles are def. fierce ;-)

becki said...

only you could make something Lady Gaga does actually look attractive. I love it!

Ivy said...

You are so cute! Loved this post.
Cheers~Ivy

Cami said...

I totally went GAGA for school today. Easy, simple, and cute hair do. Thank you!

ash said...

number 9 is just tooo cute! i shall try it soon.