Saturday, September 4, 2010

Why I Go to the Library.

I used to go to the library for the sole purpose of reading books. Every two weeks my brother and I would stack up as many books as we could in our arms and stumble to the car with our goodies, stocked and prepared for the weeks to come.
Today, I still love reading books, but there's a way more awesome reason to go-
the checkout.

Okay, I know that sounds really lame, but believe me, it is awesome.
It used to be that you'd have to wait forever in line for one of the self-automated checkouts, and then you would take forever to scan each book under the red line until the books were all yours.

Now, however....

You enter your library code (or show your card) and password.

Scatter your books around on the glass table so a bit of the cover of each is showing.

BAM. It checks them all out simultaneously.
You're done.
This happens in less than 30 seconds, no joke, and I almost peed of excitement the first time I tried it out.

It is basically the most awesome thing since sliced bread.

11 comments:

Neha said...

that is so cool! what library is this at?

Kell said...

We have this at the library here- I love it! Haha. It's fun to check out the books!

Abbey said...

We don't have a library in our county! Pretty much the saddest thing ever. I would be ridiculously excited about the check out thing too.

Margaret said...

Abbey- no library?? Like, none whatsoever?? HOW DO YOU LIVE?

Abbey said...

Where I live is the definition of 'middle of nowhere'.... so sadly, no library. If I'm out of town and anywhere near a barnes and noble, I have a shopping spree. But most of the time, I just reread what I have. And most of my assigned reading for English this year are books I really want to read, so that helps too!

Harani said...

OMG what library is this? I haven't been to the cupertino one in a lonnnggg time.

Allison said...

Harani- Saratoga Library.

liz city said...

very cool technology.

Karina F. said...

FUN FUN! I love libraries. :)

And I LOVE your new design.

Emma said...

i l-o-v-e the library. such a magical place.

samnhal said...

That's SWEET! I've never heard of that. It's been so long since I've been to the library, I just borrow books from people lately.