Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Built for Two.

When I was young, my family went to see a dinner show, none of which I really remember except for one song:

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do,

I'm half crazy all for the love of you,
it won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,

but you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two!

Apparently it's actually a really classic song called "Daisy Bell", but I'd always hum it and sing along (and still do sometimes- actually, that's what inspired this post!)
Anyway, it's the line "a bicycle built for two" that had me in stitches- my little 5 year old mind thought the concept of a bike for two was hilarious, and I didn't really get what it meant. Now, of course, I understand it to be a tandem bike:
Although, of course, that's not really as fun as saying "bicycle built for two", right?

I took it upon myself to find some other "built for two" things they have on the market these days- I mean, if it's for two people, it's gotta be pretty cute, right?

{via}
Smittens. I think the name is incredibly clever, and essentially says it all. Just think- you're walking with your boyfriend/husband/(or in my case) best friend, and it's super cold outside. But you want to hold hands!
Why would you want to be lame, and hold hands in separate mittens? Now you can hold real hands, and still be warm!
Plus I bet it looks pretty spiffy.

And this is priceless. The "umbrella built for two". Maybe it's just the models, but this looks adorable beyond belief. Plus, you don't have to worry about getting wet with too small of an umbrella, or getting separated in the crowds- you're always connected!

So is it just me? Is this cute, or is it cute?

13 comments:

jennifer michelle said...

cute cute cute!! :D

i really like the umbrella, have you ever tried sharing an umbrella? constantly bumping into and stepping on each other and you still end up soaked?! makes it SO much less awkward!

or maybe I'm just a spaz like that? :)

Megan said...

Way to cute - I love the smittens!

Jessica said...

I need those mittens! Adorable

KatOfDiamonds said...

So cute! && what lovely photography!

samnhal said...

Umm, I want all of these things. How in the world did you find those things? I love it. This gave me an idea!

Lindsay Shreeve said...

These are all so cute! I have a "built for two" bike and I love it!

Seneca said...

A-dorable! My mom taught my siblings and I that song on a long car trip when I was about 7, because of the memories attached I sing it all the time too! Such a happy song.

Karm said...

haha the umbrella I have never seen before... but the smittens and bicycle are cute haha

Kayla said...

Cute! Umbrellas are always so awkward when there's 2 or more people trying to share, so the umbrella-built-for-two is pretty much perfect!

Hannahkin said...

aaaah, i love that song! and was, in fact, singing it just the other day... how uncanny.

made-for-two stuff is just too cute for words! and i want smittens... and someone to hold hands with :)

Justice Pirate said...

my husband and I had those gloves when we were dating. I think we wore them once. They weren't warm enough! haha.

Erin said...

Those are definitely adorable! In fact, this whole post is simply heartwarming and cute :) Lovely.

HanneeNz said...

So cute I could scream! If only I could persuade the BF to get some of those adorable smittens....something tells me he wont be up for it. Boo.