Monday, October 4, 2010

License to... Do Something.

So remember that time that happened a few months ago that we shall call "The Great Disappointment"? That time when the DMV made it impossible for me to get my driver's license and to be socially acceptable for my age?
Well- fear not, good people, I have defeated the monster that is the DMV.
It took 2 incredibly long hours, only 7 minutes of which were actually spent driving, and a lot a lot of standing around.
But I did it.

The victorious knightess, after being crowned "She-who-got-her-license-a-year-late-but-at-least-she-got-it".

It actually wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. Perhaps I just got lucky, but after the first awkward minutes of the proctor lady checking all the "pre-drive checklist" while I was in the car (and she was walking around it), it was essentially a breeze!
She happened to see my copy of My Antonia, a book that we're reading in AP Lit, and it sparked a conversation about school and colleges and siblings that lasted the entire drive. It was awesome. The only thing that really confuzzled me was this:

Why did she not fill out that top part? I mean, she handed it to me with a "Congratulations, you passed!" but now I want to know what I did wrong! I can make no sense out of these scribbles... can you?

So maybe it's not as cool as having a license to kill....
...but I still think that you shouldn't want to be on my bad side.

PS- Best birthday wishes to the most wonderful mommy in the world, who turned an extremely young age this weekend on the First of October!

12 comments:

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

YAY!!!!

Alexandria said...

oh my goodness! Mama Bear is SO proud of you (why yes. I so DID just talk about myself in the third person.)

I am so happy for you! Congrats doll!

xoxo

jennifer michelle said...

the DMV is full of meanies in CA. major pain when I got my license there! haha

those slashes going through the little zero thingys are your errors...from what I can tell, it only looks like you made three? congrats! :)

Sobrina Tung said...

how awesome! congratulations!! I remember the first few times of driving alone -- so freeing!

Karm said...

great job allison!! (:

Candice said...

Yay Allison!! Congratulations on your license..and winning my giveaway!! If you can leave me your email, I'll be able to send you those cute wall decorations asap! :)

Emily Sue said...

yayyyyy!!!! i'm soo excited for you!! welcome to the driving world! :)

Hannahkin said...

*clap clap clap!*

here where i am, one may only get one's license when one is 18... but one may get a learner's license at 17. have i got my learner's license though? ...of COURSE not. because my dad won't let me drive the car.

oh the joys! i will learn to drive someday, i swear it.

but congratulations and celebrations! :)

Justice Pirate said...

Great job!!!

Miss Haley. said...

congrats!!!
i got my license two months before i turned 19!
better late than never, right?!
:)
xo haley

.nicole. said...

Way to conquer!!! Congrats.

Yelena said...

awee, congrats!! :)