Monday, November 1, 2010

Inspiration: Leah & Jon

It's probably strange for me, a 17 year old girl, to admit this, but I secretly love weddings.
I mean, everyone loves going to weddings, but I take the next step and bookmark wedding sites and peruse them to my heart's desire- for inspiration, for the happy stories, for the beauty!

I came across this gorgeous wedding here and I realized- I really admire all the creativity that's put into people's "big day". So much of a wedding reflects the couple's personal style, and this whimsical wedding is no exception!

Does anyone else get a Sound of Music Maria-running-across-the-mountains feel with this picture? LOVE the saturation.

Okay, the floral dresses are just too cute. I love how it looks so effortless- the mismatched shoes, the all-floral-but-all-different dresses; the wedding party really had a chance to show their inner selves too!

That wedding arch? BEAUTIFUL.
Can I just say that I'm in love with their color scheme? It's just so cheerful! Nothing's perfect because it's so different, but at the same time everything's perfect in the brightness and colors!

Running through the vineyards waving streamers? Yay! We're back at musical status!

Even the decor has the same whimsical feel- the vintage jars on the beams, the bright paper flowers, the streamers...

Handwriting love! Now why can't I paint like that at home?
And how cute is the beanbag toss through the sign? Perfect for kids and adults alike!

His socks = AMAZING.

Look at that.
So different, so similar, so mismatched, so perfect!

I don't even know that many flowers. I feel bad using the word "love" over and over again when describing this wedding, but that's the only word that comes to mind!
I LOVE IT.

So beautiful.

{click here for more pictures and details}

22 comments:

liz city said...

Wow, that is very unique!
I love the flowers and the whole feel of it.
:)
Dare I say, I LOVE it too? Haha
I do.

jaimie said...

those are my bridesmaids dresses!! (found on etsy) i loveeee planning my wedding even though i'm not even engaged!! i have done it since i was 15 and 5 years later i'm still doing that when i should be studying :)

Allison said...

Jaimie- you made those?? They're GORGEOUS! What's your etsy site?

Liz City- "I do" how fitting! :)

Abbey said...

Haha don't feel weird about having a wedding obsession! I kind of have one too... I'm 17 and I already have my dress picked out. And my best friend informed me that the bridesmaids will be wearing navy at my wedding. Since that's what she looks best in.

But I ADORE those dresses!

Candice said...

You're not alone..I definitely do that too :)
I love this wedding so much! The colors and florals..gorgeous! I can't wait for my wedding someday!

Jessica said...

Your overuse of the word LOVE is completely appropriate. That wedding is GORGEOUS.

Elysie Piecie said...

I totally know where Young Harris, GA is. That's so awesome. I love the whimsy of this wedding. And yes, it totally does remind me of Sound of Music.

samnhal said...

I love that the bridesmaids have the same dress, just in different floral patterns. This is the perfect summer wedding.

Lauren Elizabeth said...

precious!

KatOfDiamonds said...

That last picture RULES!

Kayla said...

Ahhh! I want my wedding to look like that. I'm with you, I LOVE THIS! Absolutely one of the cutest weddings I've ever seen! I secretly like to peruse wedding photos, too!

This is one of my favorites:
http://www.joshsnyderblog.com/?p=906

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

put it this way, I follow the Wedding Chicks blog and they post loads of weddings all the time. It always makes me want to get married all over again because my wedding wasn't that great and neither are the pictures (the fact that I got married was amazing though). My husband and I look together all the time at wedding photos. He really loves them but doesn't tell people haha.

jaimie said...

oh gosh no i didn't make them, i wish!!! i just stumbled upon them while floating around etsy :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sohomode?page=1

Kell said...

This wedding is perfection! I adore the bridesmaids dresses!!

Nancy Face said...

WOW! This is so beautiful and amazing! I've never seen anything like it! I can see why you love it, and I love it too!

As soon as I saw the top photo I IMMEDIATELY thought of The Sound of Music! :)

ashley in wonderland said...

my. goodness. this wedding is a dream!

Abigail Jasmine said...

amazing shots!! WOW!!! so gorgeouS!!

Karm said...

wow that sure is something... beautiful...

linnykins said...

Hehe, you're going to have lots of ideas for the future then, perhaps!! Personally, the thought of getting married still scares me at this point in life, but I do love looking at wedding photos! You're right, there's so much variation...

Haylee said...

oh my gosh you are so not alone, I am totally in love with weddings! I'm even subscribed to a wedding reception blog.. haha. (http://ruffledblog.com- you'll love it.)
We're just preparing ourselves for the future. Right? ;)
This wedding is amazing! I love the last shot.

Hannahkin said...

shocked that i only came across this post now... i'm usually attracted to anything wedding-ish like a moth to flame. but hello.... all old plans for my future wedding have now been trashed. THIS is what i want! THIS! yes!! *going crazy*

The Off Island Peters said...

Okay, so here I am sitting at the airport waiting to board a plane home. I saw your blog post and got addicted to reading all your older posts. BTW, I love your writing style. I had to comment because I remember you in 4th grade excited about me being engaged. You weren't even my student anymore, but you loved asking me if chose my dress, flowers and so on. Secretly, I wondered if you were trying to be my flower girl. ;)