Thursday, November 18, 2010

Katniss is My Homegirl...

... and Economics is (right now) my new favorite subject.
Why, you ask?

Well, in the middle of a long discussion about the Federal Reserve Bank, and how it regulates inflation and is the "bank for banks" etc, etc, we learned about the twelve District Branches (who make up a committee that makes decisions) and where they were located.

At first, I looked at the map and was like, "Really? We have the least say in the meetings? We have a huge district!"
And then....

OH EM GEE.
WE ARE IN DISTRICT TWELVE.


Yeah, that's right. I'm Katniss status right here in California.
And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, get yourself over here right now. And READ.


{via}

I knew there was a reason I lived on the West Coast.

16 comments:

peacelovelauren said...

oh. my. gosh.
my husband & i think this is the funniest thing we've seen all day.
oh my gosh!

liz city said...

Haha! PURE GOLD. I'm repping District 11! Notice how there is no 13. Maybe it's underground!!!

Brooke said...

you are so sweet :) Thanks for the tips too about the belt!! I still have yet to read the Hunger Games. I know.. I'm so late! haha

-Sam I Am- said...

I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!

-Sam I Am- said...

ALSO!
Just saw your "waiting on my Jim" button. LOVE IT. Seriously, my friend Nicole and I say that all the time :)

Karm said...

haha Allison, you are so cute. I probably should start reading the Hunger Games and then I'll probably understand the whole District 12 thing haha

Grace said...

Yay! It looks like I'm with you too! District 12 all the way! :)

OMG! I love that series!
Best. Thing. Ever.

@Karm You have no idea what you're missing out on! Get to a bookstore fast and buy the book now. You will just love it!

Valerie said...

there is NOTHING i love more than hunger games references in real life. so glad you got district 12! represent!

mjMuffin said...

Yes! I love this!! I finished reading Hunger Games on BART wednesday.. just bought Catching Fire last night

smile steady said...

I've seriously got to find some time to read these!

Meghan O said...

Alas, I am in district 1. Not as cool as district 12 status. count me jealous :)

Haylee said...

woo woo, another District 12 member here! Can I be Prim? :)

e.day said...

ohhh i wish i shared your love of economics. i don't like it and it doesn't like me! your blog is adorable though, and i am off to read more and follow your wonderfulness.

happy weekend!

Sydney said...

Haha you are so funny. That cracked me up big time. Love those books. I'm in district twelve too! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Sydney
www.itsallaboutalifestyle.blogspot.com

Kell said...

This made me smile. We're living in the best district.. ever.

amylou said...

how funny!
I'm reading the Hunger Games RIGHT NOW! Loving it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog girl!