Monday, December 20, 2010

It's MADNESS!

Why, hello!
You may not remember me. Probably because I haven't posted in the last... uh, I dunno... TWO PLUS WEEKS.
Don't worry, I am slapping myself for you right now 'cause you can't really do it through the screen.
I've been up to what every Senior in High School is up to- college apps. more college apps. lots of schoolwork and finals. homework. college apps. college apps.
I think you get it.

BUT, what better way to come back than with a super fun Monday Melody??
Okay, I know you don't judge and that's why I'm going to tell you about this song. It's a relatively old song (it was written before I was born) but I'm absolutely in love with it.
The embarrassing part- it's kind of on repeat in my room when I wake up and before I go to sleep and I literally will listen to it over and over with my door closed and jump around.
And possibly make "cool" faces in the mirror while I'm doing so.
You know you love me for it.

This week's melody is "Our House" by Madness.
Apparently it's in a Verizon commercial right now? So if you've been inspired and ran to your computer right after hearing the ad, I don't blame you one bit.
Okay, my dad calls this a silly song, and it kind of is, but what better to dance to, right?
And all those key changes? Perfect for introducing new levels of dance.
And by levels I mean, dancing on your bed, then on the floor, then on the chairs....


PS: Keep your fingers crossed for me! Man, applications are hard to get through and waiting for decisions is TORTURE!

11 comments:

linnykins said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope you get into the college you want :) :)

Candice said...

Good luck, Allison!! I know what all that waiting is like! Have a wonderful week!! :) Merry Christmas!

Karm said...

Allison you will do fine! (Pick Arizona State!!) haha jk have a lovely Christmas!

Alexandria said...

Any college that doesn't take you...obviously needs to get shanked.

Girl, you are so smart they will all be lining up for you!

xo

lindsay said...

good luck lovely lady! so happy to hear from you :) no worries we haven't forgotten you ♥

have a happy holiday love!

kylee said...

good luck on all the college applications! can't wait to hear where you're heading!

liz city said...

THIS IS SO FUNKY. :)

Mar said...

Madness! I love, love, love them!
Baggy Trousers has been on my 'party' playlist since, oh i don't know, for-e-ver!

Good luck with the college applications, girl!

Shalyn said...

Welcome back! College apps are awful, but worth all the hard work when you get your acceptance letter in the mail:-)

Relevant Notes Blog said...

This blog is super cute! Good luck with the college apps :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I love madness. most of all their music is 2nd wave/two-tone ska. It's amazing. I have all their albums.