Saturday, December 4, 2010

Olive Juice!

Did you ever have that strange trend/joke running around your middle school where someone would mouth the words "olive juice" at another person and laugh hysterically while the recipient of the message thought they were being told "I love you"?
A totally random thought tangent, but that's what comes to mind if you ask me to use a phrase with "olive" in it.
That, and "I love olives"- because who doesn't?

I was at my friend Emily's house today, working on a Lit project (about Wuthering Heights) with a group of 3 girls, and of course we stopped for lunch in the middle of our rigorous studying. And what better to eat than pizza?
Emily and I share a mutual love for olives, and decided that a spinach and cheese pizza, however tasty it might be, just wouldn't cut it for us. We needed OLIVES.
We sprinkled the little slices of goodness over the dough (stopping when the other girls protested our antics) and decided that we would go back to our elementary school roots, drawing an imaginary line for "their side" and "our side".

Our finished product:

Mmm, I'm salivating just looking at it!


According to our group mates, Emily and I went overboard, but in reality?
PSH, you can never have too many olives!

18 comments:

Kell said...

I love this.. excess is a beautiful thing when it comes to food. In my opinion. :D

e.day said...

haha! i love it. i would totally do the same. JJ and I used to divide our pizza in half, but I caved and decided to love green pepper and pepperoni pizza. i love that you got to do a lit project on wuthering heights! thats awesome.

Lauren said...

I love olives...and I love your side of the pizza!!!

Lauren said...

I love olives SO much!!

Candice said...

I love olives!! That pizza looks delicious, Allison!

lindsay said...

i'd pick your side of the pizza any day. olives are my fav!!!!

Cat said...

I am head over heals addicted to olives. Green are my favs (especially in salads) but I haven't yet met and olive I didn't like :)

Kate said...

Mmmm I love olives! Your side of the pizza wins, hands down.

liz city said...

Hahaha I love how you drew a line.
I'm afraid of olives...
maybe I need to try your pizza and get brave!

miss vintage vixen. said...

Haha, we didn't have the olive juice joke, but we did say "elephant shoe"... same effect!

vintch said...

girl! olives are amazing! simply the best. better than all the rest. amazing. your side of the pizza looks waaaay better. there's an olive bar at my local grocery store and every time i pass by and smell that delicious saltiness, i almost stop and spend $25 on feta-stuffed olives right then and there.

love.this.post.

samnhal said...

mmm black olives. I was that kid who put them on their fingers over and over and kept eating them. Whenever we had tacos my parents had to limit how many we could use because we would eat them all before dinner was even ready.

Lauren said...

Agreed. I'd be on the "our side" of the pizza pictured above :) Love olives- but most of my fam does not so much! (especially when you get whole ones and can stick them on your fingers to eat!)

Diana Smith said...

haha wow thats a lot of Olives!

Nancy Face said...

"Olive juice" = HILARIOUS! That joke never went around my junior high...I really missed out! :D

Mmmm...pizza!

Kelsey said...

Olive covered pizza ='s the best thing that ever happened to the world! I'm glad i'm not the only one who does that.

littlemisshealthify said...

I never used to like olives, but I've just now started to like them and that pizza looks AH-MA-ZING!

emily said...

that is so cute! haha i am the same way with veggies on my pizza. :)
xx.