Tuesday, September 20, 2011

That's LA For You!

I guess I got my first taste of "LA" this week.
I put LA in quotations because people seem to treat Los Angeles as this city swarming with celebrities and film locations, and honestly, it's just another city.
Except when you do run into those celebrities and places that you recognize from TV and you say to yourself, "Oh my goodness, it's LA."

I had two of these realizations in the past three days.

The first one was when I went to church Sunday morning.
Reality LA is held in the theater of Helen Bernstein High School, and I made no connection to the name of the school until I walked out of the service towards the parking lot, and saw this:

Recognize it?
No?

How about now?
That's right- it's the lunch area on the set of Glee!

The second was when I went to UCLA's pre-screening of the movie "50/50".

I thought seeing the movie early (and for free!) was cool enough, but that wasn't all.
Right before the movie started, I heard "... and we have some special people to announce the movie, today: 50/50 actor, Seth Rogen and director, Jonathan Levine."

I guess I made the right choice to sit in the fourth row!

3 comments:

Karm said...

Wow that is amazing. I want to have one of those moments (:

Vanessa said...

Wow! Now that is crazy! I'm so excited for you and I hope school is going well for you!!!! <3

Elysie Piecie said...

That's it...I'm transfering from UMSL to go to school with you. Who cares if I'm half way done with my masters...your school looks cooler :D