Friday, June 1, 2012

I Volunteer as Tribute!

Way back when Avatar first came out (can you believe it's been 3 years already!?), 
I imagined what it'd be like to look like a Na'vi.
Avatar makers were abundant on the internet,  and so of course I put my picture in and out came this completely alien-looking blue thing with only a slight resemblance to myself. Apparently Na'vi have much larger eyes, much more rectangular noses, and let's not get me started on the colors! 

Anyways, this past week I've had the chance to redeem my Na'vi self.

My InterVarsity fellowship is hosting a Hunger Games tomorrow (can I get a whoot whoot?) to raise money for Summer Conference and Missions scholarships. The concept is very simple: there are 26 tributes (we have a District 13) who fight viciously to the death with nerf guns, PVC pipe swords, and tennis balls.
And of course we can't forget the district themes! The overall theme is "hit movies", and (you might have guessed it with my random intro) my district's theme is AVATAR! 

My mentor is crazy.
Cray-cray in an amazing and fabulous way. 
He's a mentor for all the tributes who live in the same area of the dorms that I do, the "Sunsprout" community, and he went all out with promos. 

Not only do we have fierce profile pictures,


and amazing cover photos with the rest of our Sunsprout tributes, 


we have a ridiculously awesome promo video. 



We even speak Na'vi, thanks to my district partner who learned it and speaks fluently! 


So, if you're out there and would like to sponsor us tributes, or even just root for us from afar, I hope that you'll be reminded of us tomorrow and send encouraging thoughts our way! 


May The Odds Be Ever In Our Favor!

6 comments:

Marci Darling said...

This is awesome!!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

You are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I love your acting. I never saw Avatar at all, but I read the Hunger Games books and just thought you are such a fun person!!!

Carmen said...

This is awesome! But I will sadly admit I have yet to read The Hunger Games...

Karm said...

hahaha this is so cool!

Allison said...

Haha, Victoria- I'm glad you liked it! It was literally 2:00 in the morning and we were running around campus, painted blue, and whooping like Na'vi! We got a LOT of strange looks.

Nancy Face said...

I can't even BEGIN to describe how much I love this!